Stephan Huger: „I make reality look even better in my pictures!“
In the course of his career as a photographer, Stephan Huger is active for national and international companies. Since 2008 he is distinguished as a "Qualified European Photographer" in Brussels.
Stephan Huger completed his studies at a federal institution for education and research in the graphic arts, where he also passed his examination for the master craftsman's certificate. Since 1987 he has worked as a professional photographer.
Huger is particularly interested in surfaces and forms and especially the effect of reflection and shine on them. Desired effects are enhanced, and fine surface details elaborated. Unwanted effects, however, are concealed through intentional manipulation of light, or afterwards, with help of image editing. Stephan Huger works both in his own studio (1040 Vienna, Wiedner Hauptstraße 46; www.studiohuger.at) as well as on site.
– FEP European Professional Photographer of the Year 2016 / commercial – Finalist!
– The 5th China International Digital Photography Art Exhibition / Lishui: 2 international "monochrome" awards for architectural photographer Stephan Huger - Silver Medal and Bronce Medal from Royal Photographic Society (Oct./Nov. 2015)
– Salotto.Vienna - Viennese art salon at Trieste / Italy, under the artistic patronage of the MAK. Photo Studio Huger is represented with some architectural photos. (summer 2014)
– art project / fashion series: Stephan Huger implements the staging of the Austrian artist Maria Hahnenkamp into photography for the pre-fall collection by Louis Vuitton / PRESSE - SCHAUFENSTER. (July 2013)
– Vienna Professional Photographers Award "TRAUMSEHER 2013": Stephan Huger scored for the second time in a row the first place in the Commercial Photography!
– "Speed": 2 international awards for advertising photographer Stephan Huger. As the first and only Austrian at the China International Digital Photographic Art Exhibition (CIDPAE) Stephan gets the "Photographic Society of America (PSA) Ribbon". In August 2012, the concept photo "speed" taken with an H4D-60 has received the most votes from the HASSELBLADbulletin readers! (August 2012)
– Award at the Az W Photo Award 2012, category architecture, as part of hands-on exhibition Urbanism. From right to green! (May 2012)
– First Place/"Traunseher 2010", category advertising, photography for professional photographers Vienna (January 2011)
– Bronze Award, category "Pictorial": FEP European Professional Photographer of the Year Award (2009)
– QEP (Qualified European Photographer), category architecture, (Brussels 2007/Valencia 2008)
– klima:aktiv photo-award, category technology (Ministry of Life/ORF, Austrian broadcasting system 2008)
– Finalist for the Corbis Award for Creative Photography in the category of architecture (Portoroz, Slovenia 2007)
– "Wien-Vienne," Lier (Belgium), with support from the Viennese Tourist Office
– "The Ivory Coast," Bellini Bar, Vienna
– "The Ivory Coast – Land of Contrasts," Rathausplatz bank branch
– "Vienne," Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Abidjan, with support from the Viennese Tourism Association and the City of Vienna News Service
– "Impressions of [Viennese District] Rudolfsheim-Fünfhaus," on the occasion of the Wiener Festwochen